Insurance Claim Payment 101April 22, 2018
Hurricane Michael Home damage claim – practical guideOctober 14, 2018
Hurricane Season Is Coming! How to Prepare?
Living in Florida we should be prepared for hurricane season, right? Well there are many Floridians who are not 100% sure how to prepare themselves or how to even prevent their homes and property from experiencing damage. Here are a few tips to prepare you and your family for the upcoming hurricane season.
- Make sure you have secure window covers or storm shutters
- To reduce roof damage, you can use hurricane straps or clips to secure the roof to the frame of your home.
- Check and reinforce caulking around doors and windows. In some instances, wind-driven rain can cause some moisture damage even if there is no structural damage.
- Trim down and trees or shrubs to avoid the chance of them breaking and falling onto your home or flying around and causing damage.
- You can call us to review your insurance policy to make sure you have an adequate amount of insurance and the proper coverage.
- Keep in mind the home owner’s insurance does not cover floods so if you are in a flood zone you may want to get in touch with your agent to find out your options.
- Document your important contents in the case that there is any damage. You can document via photos or video.
Lastly, have a Property Adjuster like Property Damage Consultant’s number on hand in the case that you do have an emergency. Having PDC’s contact information will insure that in the case of emergency our trained public adjusters will be there to assist you.