What is the difference between an Independent Adjuster and a Public Adjuster?November 27, 2017
Why hire a Public Adjuster?January 17, 2018
Since Hurricane Irma, back in September, it has probably been tough trying to get your claim completed and your repairs done in time for the holidays.
If your repairs haven’t been completed in time for the holidays. Here are a few tips to keep from sustaining any more damage.
- If you have sustained roof damage, please ensure that it has been covered by a secure tarp to avoid further leaking or damage.
- If there are any windows that were broken by the storm and have yet to be replaced, place a board or sturdy plastic on it.
- If there is any extra debris or garbage from the damage that is laying around, check with your adjuster before throwing anything out
- If you are having guests over the holidays make sure that they know, to be careful around the damaged areas as to avoid injury to them as well.
- Due to the frequency of rain, try to prevent any flooding by putting down any sandbags in the area where water could possibly still leak in.
- If you experienced any fallen trees or branches, make sure the excess debris has been removed and any possible weak branches should be trimmed.
- If there is an open area with visible mold try to keep your friends and family away from that area, if possible
- Consult with your public adjuster before you make any repairs, due to the chance that insurance company might want to conduct a reinspection.
- If you have already hired Property Damage Consultants to handle your claim, you are already on the right track. 🙂
In the event, that the damage does get worse during the holidays, take pictures and notify your public adjuster as soon as possible.
Property Damage Consultants is here to help with your claim in the best way possible. If you haven’t hired us already, Contact us now!